- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 8 small leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 12 ounces sliced low-sodium deli turkey breast
- 1/2 small English cucumber, sliced
Lay 4 slices of bread on a cutting board and spread with half of the avocado-yogurt mixture. Top with the lettuce and tomato and season with salt and pepper. Add a layer of turkey breast, bacon, cucumber and red onion. Spread the remaining avocado mixture on the remaining 4 bread slices and place spread-side down on top of the sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half to serve.
Per serving: Calories 418; Fat 17 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 67 mg; Sodium 1,349 mg; Carbohydrate 39 g; Fiber 14 g; Protein 31 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.