- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup hummus, preferably spicy or roasted red pepper (about a 7-ounce container)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 16 mini pita pockets, preferably whole wheat, split open and warmed
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
Toss the cucumber, feta, vinegar, mint, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the patties and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Cook the remaining patties in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
Mix the remaining 1/2 cup hummus with a splash of hot water in a bowl. Spread some of the hummus on the inside of each pita; fill with a tomato slice, turkey patty and some of the cucumber mixture.
Photograph by Kana Okada
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine