Turkey or Chicken, Summer Squash and Tomato Stir-Fry
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken or turkey breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut in 3/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 3/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small summer squash, seeds removed and cut in a 3/4-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 to 10 small cherry tomatoes, mixed colors
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Rice, for serving
1. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and red pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken or turkey and toss. Marinate 15 minutes.
2. Drain the meat and pat very dry. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry until opaque and firm, about 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a large bowl. Add the onion and pepper to the pan and stir-fry, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add to the chicken. Add the squash to the pan, and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add to the chicken. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan and stir-fry until glazed and slightly charred, about 2 minutes longer. Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Add the basil and toss to combine. Serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray