Turkey or Chicken, Summer Squash and Tomato Stir-Fry
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken or turkey breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut in 3/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 3/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small summer squash, seeds removed and cut in a 3/4-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 to 10 small cherry tomatoes, mixed colors
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Rice, for serving
1. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and red pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken or turkey and toss. Marinate 15 minutes.
2. Drain the meat and pat very dry. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry until opaque and firm, about 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a large bowl. Add the onion and pepper to the pan and stir-fry, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add to the chicken. Add the squash to the pan, and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add to the chicken. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan and stir-fry until glazed and slightly charred, about 2 minutes longer. Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Add the basil and toss to combine. Serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved