- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 20 min
- 10 min
- 2 main course servings
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flour for dredging
- Two 2 1/2-ounce turkey cutlets (scaloppini)
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 2 lemon wedges
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Place the flour in a shallow bowl or dish. Season 1 scaloppini with salt and pepper. Dredge the scaloppini in the flour and shake off any excess, then dip it in the egg mixture; finally coat the meat evenly with the breadcrumbs. Set on a plate or piece or waxed paper. Repeat with the other scaloppini.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. While the butter is still foaming add the breaded scaloppini and cook, swirling the skillet in a tight circle (which keeps the scaloppini moving around the skillet), until golden brown and cooked through, about 1-1/2 minutes for the first side. Turn the meat and cook for 1 minute on the second side. Transfer to a plate and cover very loosely with foil while you cook the other scaloppini. Serve with the lemon wedges.
From Food Network Kitchens