- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Crisp vegetables, for dipping (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay bread on a baking sheet. Rub each slice with a clove of garlic and sprinkle with a pinch of salt; reserve garlic clove. Toast in oven until golden, about 8 minutes.
Chop all garlic cloves. Cook garlic in the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until it is golden, about 3 minutes. Pull skillet from heat; stir in rosemary and red pepper and cool slightly.
Put beans, the 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and all but 1 teaspoon of the rosemary oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape puree into a serving bowl and drizzle with reserved rosemary oil. Serve with toasted baguette and, if desired, raw vegetables.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.