- 4 kaiser rolls, split open
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar, plus more for the chips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Sriracha (Asian chile sauce), plus more for the chips
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces country pate or liverwurst
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Potato chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Wrap each roll in foil and bake until crisp on the outside, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss the carrot, cucumber, vinegar and 2 teaspoons fish sauce in a bowl; set aside, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha and the remaining 1 teaspoon fish sauce in a small bowl. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl.
Unwrap the rolls; spread the bottom buns with the mayonnaise mixture and top with the pate.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until just set, about 3 minutes; divide among the rolls. Add the basil and carrot-cucumber salad to the sandwiches and drizzle with some of the vinegar mixture from the salad bowl. Serve with potato chips; sprinkle the chips with vinegar and drizzle with Sriracha.
Per serving: Calories 525; Fat 30 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 467 mg; Sodium 1,218 mg; Carbohydrate 39 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 22 g
Photograph by Justin Walker