Warm Sabayon with Glazed Plums and Raspberries
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound firm ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 2 cups raspberries
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chardonnay
- Pinch fine salt
1. Stir the sugar and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the plums and cook until soft and coated with syrup, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the raspberries.
2. Meanwhile, make the sabayon: Put about 1 inch of water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
3. In a heatproof bowl that can rest in the saucepan without touching the water, beat the egg yolks and sugar with a large whisk, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the wine and salt and beat until foamy. Set the bowl on the pan and continue whisking constantly, moving in a circular motion around the bowl, until the eggs can hold a thick ribbon, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and continue whisking to cool slightly. Serve the fruit warm in shallow bowls or small glasses with sabayon spooned on top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.