Watermelon and Haloumi Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 10 ounces haloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, cubed (about 6 cups)
- 6 tender inner celery stalks, leaves and hearts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat 1-inch vegetable oil in a small saucepan to 350 degrees F. Fry the cheese until golden brown, 30 to 45 seconds, turning often. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Total Fat: 30 grams
Saturated Fat: 11 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Sodium: 279 milligrams
Cholesterol: 37 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Thank you! your flag was submitted.