- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 10 ounces haloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, cubed (about 6 cups)
- 6 tender inner celery stalks, leaves and hearts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat 1-inch vegetable oil in a small saucepan to 350 degrees F. Fry the cheese until golden brown, 30 to 45 seconds, turning often. Remove to paper towels to drain.
2. Just before serving, toss the cheese in a large bowl with the watermelon and celery. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 30 grams
Saturated Fat: 11 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Sodium: 279 milligrams
Cholesterol: 37 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram