This unique palate cleanser highlights the tropical and herbal notes often detected in pinot grigio and chardonnay. Granita is the perfect dessert to enjoy before the chocolate comes to the table, or as an afternoon snack on the porch.
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus whole leaves or sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
1. Combine the wine and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, then cool.
2. Puree the honeydew and tarragon in a blender, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a mixing bowl. Combine the wine, honeydew juice, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt, then transfer to a square baking dish. Put in the freezer until firm, scraping and stirring with a fork every 30 minutes until the mixture is slushy, about 2 hours. Serve garnished with tarragon leaves or sprigs.
Per Serving: Calories: 113; Total Fat: 0 grams; Saturated Fat: 0 grams; Protein: 1 gram; Total carbohydrates: 22 grams; Sugar: 20 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 78 milligrams