- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced, about 6 cups
- 6 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 red apple
- 2 cups watercress leaves
Whisk the vinegar with the mustard, salt and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing. Add the cabbage, scallions, and bell pepper and toss until the vegetables are coated. Serve now or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Before serving, grate the apple (with the skin but not the seeds) directly into the slaw, add the watercress leaves, and toss again. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.