- 1 jicama, washed and peeled
- 1 medium chayote fruit, peeled and washed
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch chili flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Segment the orange and grapefruit, reserving the un-segmented part of each fruit. Cut jicama, chayote and cucumber into finger-size julienne. Place the segmented oranges and grapefruit in a bowl with other cut veggies, squeeze the lime and un-segmented part over the cut veggies and citrus and toss in the chili and cilantro.
Season with salt, to taste, and stab each piece with toothpicks.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.