- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- 1/3 cup rolled oats or 2 slices white bread soaked in 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 package sliced, frozen, precooked lotus root*
*Can be purchased at Asian markets in the frozen food section
Preheat a grill.
Mix the chicken, oats, egg, onion, garlic salt, oyster sauce and teriyaki sauce together in a small bowl. Shape ground meat mixture into meat balls and press firmly onto lotus root slices. Place on the grill and grill until well done.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.