- 2 star anise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin or 2 sheets gelatin
- 8 ounces cooked duck foie gras
- 6 ounces fresh black truffles, finely chopped
- Dried celery leaves, for decoration
- Toasted sourdough bread
Simmer the star anise in the chicken broth for 10 minutes. Remove the anise and add the gelatin and fresh pepper to the warm broth. Add salt if needed. Pour the gelee into a shallow dish and let it chill until firm in the refrigerator.
Divide the foie gras into 4 equal pieces, and using your hands, roll each into a round ball Then roll each ball in the chopped truffles until evenly coated. Chill until firm.