- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 pound backfin crabmeat
- 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 ounces Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces Japanese bread crumbs
- 1-ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Thoroughly pick crabmeat. Make sure not to mash the crabmeat. Mix mayonnaise, eggs and mustard and bread crumbs together. Sprinkle lemon juice on top of the crabmeat and toss together. Mix crabmeat with mayonnaise mixture and fold gently. Sprinkle mixture with Old Bay seasoning and parsley.
Form crab cake mixture into 3.5-ounce balls, and flatten slightly.
Bake on lightly oiled baking pan at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes or to light brown in color.