- 2 ounces celery juice (about 2 stalks celery, juiced and strained)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (recommended: Herradura Silver)
- Homemade Celery Salt, recipe follows
- Cherry tomato, for garnish
- Celery stick, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the celery juice, lemon juice, Simple Syrup, and tequila. Shake vigorously and pour into a chilled martini glass rimmed with Homemade Celery Salt. Garnish with a cherry tomato and a stalk of celery and serve immediately.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cool and reserve in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Yield: 1/2 cup
Homemade Celery Salt:
1 1/2 cups coarse sea salt
1 pound celery root, peeled and grated
Mix the salt and the grated celery in a plastic container and refrigerate for a few days. Lay the mixture out on a baking sheet and bake for 2 to 3 hours at 190 to 200 degrees F or until thoroughly dried out and crisp but not brown at all. Grind this mixture in a food processor and keep in an airtight container until ready for use.
Yield: about 2 cups