- 4 chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced lemongrass
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 hot pepper, chopped, optional
- Cooked rice, serving suggestion
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
In shallow baking dish or bowl, combine chicken with garlic and rum and let marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
In a medium-sized casserole or heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and lemongrass and saute until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken and saute until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, curry powder, and sesame oil and heat through. Add hot pepper, if using. Serve with rice and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.