- 10 small Cretan barley rusks (dakos)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, grated, optional
Wet the rusks and dry with a clean towel. Grate the tomato and combine with the feta. Spread on the rusks. Sprinkle with the oil, salt, oregano and a little grated onion, if using.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.