If you eat all of the Double-Herb Roasted Chicken, use a prepackaged rotisserie chicken (available in the meat section of the supermarket) for this recipe. Asadero, originally from Mexico, is a semisoft cow's milk cheese with a bright, pungent flavor.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Double-Herb Roasted Chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded asadero cheese or Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
To prepare enchilada filling, combine chicken and next 9 ingredients (chicken through black pepper) in a large bowl.Spread 1/2 cup salsa verde in bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange enchiladas, seam sides down, crosswise in dish. Pour remaining salsa verde evenly over enchiladas. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with sour cream, and garnish with sliced jalapeno, if desired. CALORIES 386 (27 percent from fat); FAT 11.5g (sat 3.9g, mono 3.4g, poly 2.3g); PROTEIN 36.5g; CARB 38.9g; FIBER 4.8g; CHOL 86mg; IRON 2.9mg; SODIUM 841mg; CALC 205mg
- 1 pound tomatillos (about 15)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
To prepare salsa verde, discard husks and stems from tomatillos; cut into quarters. Combine tomatillos, 11/4 cups broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and chopped jalapeno in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tomatillos are tender. Cool slightly. Place salsa verde in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth or mash with a potato masher. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add salsa verde; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 1 minute).