- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup seasoned salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons onion powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken (various parts)
- 5 to 6 cups peanut or canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
In a large baking dish, combine buttermilk and half of each of the seasoned salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add chicken pieces to marinade and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Season the flour with the remaining seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Remove the chicken from the marinade piece by piece and coat in the flour. Then add to the hot oil to fry. Fry until internal temperature of the chicken is 160 degrees F. Make sure that your oil does not get too hot, otherwise the color of the chicken will turn dark before the chicken is actually done. Transfer chicken to paper towels to drain. Taste the chicken to make sure the seasonings are right (this is called quality control). Serve.