- 8 ounces dry mini shell pasta
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 16 Greek olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 (12 or 14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 ounces crumbled fat-free or regular feta cheese
Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet coated with olive oil spray, add the shrimp and garlic and cook until the shrimp turns salmon-colored. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cooled shrimp, olives, artichoke hearts and tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, zest, juice, vinegar and parsley. Pour over shrimp mixture. Toss thoroughly to coat. Add the crumbled feta and gently toss.
Serve it up Suzy-Style:
For an outing or picnic, I like to make this seem like gourmet takeout so I put it in small aluminum containers with clear lids. You can get them at the store or from restaurant supply companies online. I place it in and put cute labels on the clear top and write the name of the recipe on it.