- 1 large fennel, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 1 cup cubed bread, 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (6 to 8-ounce) halibut fillets
- Chopped fresh dill
Preheat the oven 500 degrees.
Toss fennel with 1 tablespoon olive oil, anchovies and 1 tablespoon of fennel seed. Roast on the top shelf for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and softened.
Toss the cubed bread with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Remove baking dish from the oven. Set halibut on top of roasted fennel, top with croutons, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 8 to 12 minutes on the top shelf of the oven. Sprinkle with fennel seeds, dill and serve.