- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1 cup fine flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of water if needed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time until fluffy. Beat in coconut extract. Mix coconut and pineapple. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir this mixture into the cream mixture, form a ball, and wrap in plastic. Chill for two hours. Roll cookies dough, by the 1/4 cup, into a ball; flatten top of each cookie. Bake in oven for 7 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool completely.