- 16 raw peeled and de-veined U-8 shrimp with tails on
- 16 large sea scallops
- 1/2 cup hot chili oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups red pepper concentrate
- 1 stick salted butter, chilled
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced, for garnish
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, for garnish
- Chive oil, for garnish
Prepare a charcoal grill for cooking.
Combine the shrimp, scallops, chili oil, garlic, parsley, and seafood seasoning in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water.
Bring the red pepper concentrate to a boil, than whisk in the cornstarch slurry a little at a time until thickened. Turn off the heat and whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove shrimp and scallops from marinade and discard marinade. Grill shrimp and scallops for a couple minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Serve immediately, garnished with sliced red peppers, scallions, and chive oil.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.