- 1 (4-ounce) Ahi tuna steak
- 2 ounces Ginger Beets, recipe follows
- 2 ounces Seaweed Salad, recipe follows
Heat a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the tuna steak, flat side down, to the pan and sear the tuna to medium rare, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. The center should remain very pink. Serve with Ginger Beets and Seaweed Salad.
- 1 quart roasted beets, peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced red onions
- 2 cups peeled and diced carrots
- 1/2-ounce fresh ginger root, peeled and julienned
- 8 fluid ounces Nama Shoyu (can be found in specialty organic markets)
- 10 drops ginger concentrate
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl. Season with pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cook's Note: This makes much more than you will need; will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Sesame Seaweed Salad:
- 2 ounces kelp noodles, cooked according to package directions and chilled
- 2 ounces seaweed (recommended: Hiyashi Wakame)
- Lime wedge, for garnish
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.