- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 ounce mushrooms, quartered
- 1 ounce shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut on a bias into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4 scallions, sliced into 1-inch lengths
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
In a pot of boiling water, blanch the carrots, broccoli and cauliflower for 30 seconds each. Immediately remove each to an ice bath to cool and stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
In a large saute pan over high heat, saute the chicken slices in the oil, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce, tossing for 2 minutes. Next, add the chili flakes, bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, blanched veggies, zucchini, and scallions. Continue to toss for an additional 3 minutes. Add a splash more of soy sauce, if desired, and continue to cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat. Plate 5 strips of chicken on each plate and 8 ounces of stir-fried vegetables per plate. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.