- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, baked
- 2 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 ounces red cabbage, shredded
- 2 ounces carrots, julienned
- 2 ounces red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Peanut Sauce, recipe follows
- 1 cup Rosemary Quinoa, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. Slice the cooked chicken into 1/4-inch pieces. Add the chicken and the vegetables to the pan and cook until heated through. Add the Peanut Sauce to the pan and toss well until the sauce is warmed through.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken and vegetable mixture with the Rosemary Quinoa and toss until combined. Serve, garnished with cilantro.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 10 ounces natural peanut butter
- 8 ounces brown rice syrup
- 1 1/3 cups tamari (can be found at specialty Asian markets)
- 2 1/3 cups hot water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 drops lemongrass concentrate
- 6 drops ginger concentrate
- 2/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Roast the red peppers until the skin is blackened and begins to peel. Remove the skin and then remove the seeds. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed. Use a hand mixer, if needed, to blend sauce until smooth.
- 1 gallon hot water
- 1/4 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 quart grain quinoa, rinsed (can be found at specialty organic markets)
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, cooked or defrosted
- 1/2 bag frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Rosemary Vinaigrette Dressing, recipe follows
- 1/2 tablespoon Herbamare (can be found at specialty organic markets)
In a large pot, bring water and sea salt to a rapid boil. Add quinoa to the pot and boil for 7 to 8 minutes. Quinoa is cooked when you can see small white dots in the middle of the grain. Drain the quinoa and place it in a bowl, resting it in an ice bath to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Once the quinoa is cool, drain until all liquid is gone. Combine the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Serve at room temperature.
Rosemary Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups distilled water
- 3/8 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 3/8 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup essential balance oil (can be found at specialty organic markets)
- 1/4 tablespoon xantham gum (can be found at specialty organic markets)
Using a hand mixer, blend the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Gradually add xantham until you reach the desired consistency. Blend well.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.