- 1 (2-inch) piece gingerroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Hawaiian golden pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 ripe Champagne mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 baby bananas, peeled and cut in 1/2
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 box gooseberries
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves only and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice (from 1 11-ounce pomegranate)
- 12 sable Bretons
Wrap the ginger in a layer of cheesecloth, gather, and tie into a little bag. Squeeze the ginger juice into a small dish (you will have about 1 1/2 teaspoons of juice). In a medium bowl and using a whisk, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks form, then add the ginger juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Rub together the vanilla bean seeds with 4 tablespoons sugar. Toss together the pineapple, mangoes, bananas, kiwi, gooseberries mint leaves, and vanilla sugar. Divide the fruit among 4 creme brulee dishes and gently press the fruit down. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar atop each dish and caramelize the sugar with a blowtorch; repeat the caramelization process with the remaining sugar. Spoon 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice around the fruit and serve immediately with the whipped cream and sables Bretons on the side.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.