- 10 prickly pears (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime zest
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Wearing your rubber gloves, wash and skin pears. Be careful of the very tiny spines. Add all ingredients except mint to a blender and puree until smooth. Reduce liquid in half on medium heat. Strain and let cool.
Note: Before freezing the puree, adjust the flavor with sugar and cranberry juice, to taste. Freeze puree in an ice cream maker and you're ready to scoop.
Garnish with fresh mint.