- Extra-virgin olive oil, enough to coat a skillet
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, julienne-cut
- 20 jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 5 links andouille sausage, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green peppers, julienned
- 2 red peppers, julienned
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 fresh okra pods, sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 10 peeled plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups long or medium grained rice
- 4 cups seafood or chicken stock
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 10 fresh crawfish, shell-on, optional
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Parsley, for garnish
Coat a large, deep skillet with olive oil and keep on high heat until oil sizzles.
Dredge chicken and shrimp in flour and add to skillet with andouille sausage. Lower heat and remove the par-cooked shrimp. Add garlic, peppers, celery, okra, and onion and cook on low heat for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add all seasoning and diced tomatoes and Worcestershire.
Add uncooked rice and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat. Add stock and tomato juice, then simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat, taking care to stir to prevent sticking. Once rice has completely cooked, add shrimp and crawfish; simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve in a deep bowl and garnish with fresh chopped scallions and parsley.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.