- 6 (8-ounce) pompano fillets, skin on
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons more, if needed
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 10 ounces (2 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 ounce parsley leaves, chopped
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
- 3 lemons, halved
Season the fish with salt and white pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add fish, skin side up, and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned. (You may have to cook fish in 2 batches, add more oil as necessary.) Flip fish and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until cooked through. Keep warm.
While the fish is cooking, heat the crabmeat and melted butter in another large skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook just until crabmeat is hot.
To serve, place a pompano fillet in the center of each plate, and top with 3 ounces of crabmeat. Garnish with chopped parsley, parsley sprigs, and a lemon half.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.