- 6 (8 to 10-ounce) rib-eye steaks
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 large bunch fresh sage, leaves chopped
Steaks: Preheat a grill. Mix shallot slices with olive oil. Salt and pepper 1 side of rib-eyes, cook on medium-high grill for 7 minutes. Turn steaks, paint with olive oil mixture and add more salt and pepper. Press rosemary into cooked side and grill another 2 to 3 minutes
Tomatoes: Brush olive oil mixture on 1 side of the tomato slices, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Place on medium-high grill, olive oil side down, for 4 to 5 minutes until they have grill marks but are still somewhat firm. Paint uncooked side with olive oil mixture and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Turn and place minced fresh sage onto cooked side. Grill another 2 to 3 minutes.
Place the steaks on a plate and serve with the tomatoes. Sprinkle with more herbs as desired.