- 1/2 large cantaloupe sliced into wedges, rind removed
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound imported proscuitto, sliced paper thin
- Assorted baby lettuces
- Berry Syrup, recipe follows
Layout on the edge of a plate, 3 or 4 baby lettuce leaves. Over the lettuce lay out 2 thin wedges of cantaloupe and drape 2 to 3 slices of proscuitto over the melon. Garnish with berry syrup.
- 1 quart berries, you should use the freshest berries you can find, we prefer to use
- raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 to 1 cup red wine, a cabernet sauvignon will work fine here
- Cold water
Combine the berries and the red wine in a non-reactive saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let cook for about twenty minutes and adjust the flavor with sugar if necessary to achieve a balanced flavor. Combine some arrowroot with a little cold water and stir into the sauce to give it a nice shine and a little body. Let cool.