French Creamed Chicken and Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, including 1-inch of green, cleaned and finely diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Calvados
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup authentic apple cider
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups fine egg noodles (dry)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Snipped chives, for garnish
Heat butter in a saucepan. Add leeks and Granny Smith apple, cover and simmer until tender, for about 5 minutes. Add the Calvados and reduce until almost evaporated. Stir in the cider vinegar, broth, apple cider and bring to a simmer.
Add the chicken and egg noodles to the broth, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Skim off any fat which is floating to the surface, stir in the heavy cream, optional Gruyere and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.