- We ran out of potatoes one lazy Saturday, and potato salad was just the thing we needed to go with our grilled hamburgers. Turns out we had lots of French fries on hand in the freezer--so I baked up a batch and dressed them using my traditional recipe. The potato salad turned out so good, I've been making it with French fries since then.
- French Fried Potato Salad
- 3 cups of crisp, hot French fries, roughly chopped--preferably home made, but Fast Food take out fries or frozen fries baked in your oven will do.
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped chilled bread and butter (sweet) pickle chips
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Set French fries aside; keep warm. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients until well blended. Add French fries to mixture in bowl; blend in with spatula, using folding motion, being careful not to break fries.
The recipes for this contest, which were provided by contributors who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.