- 1/2 cup cooking oil, your preference
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
Add the oil to a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees F.
Combine the flour, curry powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. Toss the onions in the flour mixture until fully coated, shaking off the excess, and add to the oil. Fry until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack or paper towels to remove any excess oil.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.