Use up your leftovers to make this savory "bread pudding"...it's so simple to make, and so tasty. You'll enjoy making it for brunches, light dinners, and anytime you're in the mood for really good food.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 9 slices Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse™ Hearty White Bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked turkey
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart shallow baking dish with the cooking spray.
Beat the eggs, soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon thyme in a large bowl with a fork or whisk. Add the bread cubes and turkey. Stir and press the bread cubes into the milk mixture to coat.
Pour the bread mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and thyme. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Easy Substitution: You can substitute your favorite shredded cheese for the Swiss cheese.
Nutritional Values per Serving
Using Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Soft Hearty White Bread: : Calories 354, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 205mg, Sodium 606mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 26g, Vitamin A 9%DV, Vitamin C 2%DV, Calcium 27%DV, Iron 15%DV