French Style Fish Soup
- Half of foundation base
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 medium size boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon saffron dissolved in 1 tablespoon of warm water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen thawed petite peas
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets such as monkfish, halibut, or fresh tuna, cut 3/4-inch cubes
- Salt and Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, mixed with 1/4 cup pimentos
Bring base with fish stock and 1 clove garlic to a simmer. Add potatoes, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add half of saffron, peas and fish and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Season to taste with salt and Tabasco. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise with remaining garlic and saffron. Stir into soup, if you wish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.