- 2 cups (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- About 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Optional addition: grated lemon zest and juice
- 1/4 cup ground blanched almonds
- Salt and pepper
Rinse mint leaves and pat dry. In a food processor, puree mint with scallions until coarsely chopped. While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in the oil and process until finely pureed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in grated lemon zest and juice to taste. Add almonds or not, as you wish (you can also do this at the last minute)
USES: A mint puree is delicious in chicken salads or chicken and grain salads.