Fresh Tuna and Sun -Dried Tomatoes Over Pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, penne or fusilli
- 12 ounces fresh tuna, cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 cup pitted oil-cured olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cup, fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While this is coming to a boil, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and carrots and saute uncovered, until somewhat softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, lower the heat, cover and simmer until carrots and onions are completely tender, 10 minutes more.Add the pasta to the water and cook for about 10 minutes or until al dente. While pasta is cooking, add tuna, capers and olives to the skillet and saute for a couple of minutes or until tuna is just cooked through. Season to taste with red pepper and taste for salt. Drain pasta, and return it to the pot with parsley; toss until well blended. Spoon pasta into warm pasta bowls and top with tuna sauce.Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.