- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 farm raised catfish fillets
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Mix cornmeal, flour, salt, red pepper, garlic powder and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge catfish fillets in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
Fill a deep fryer, or large deep skillet half full with oil and heat to 375 degrees. Fry fish 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Theresa Grant