Fried Cheese with Shallot Dressing (Queso Frito AlinAdo con Salsa de Escalona)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoons small whole or chopped large capers
- 1/2 pound fairly mild melting cheese, such as Spanish Tetilla, Mahon, or goat cheese 1/2-inch thick
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- Oil, for frying
In a cup combine the dressing ingredients. Dust the cheese pieces with flour, dip in the egg, then in the crumbs. (May be prepared ahead.) In a skillet heat the oil at least 1/2-inch deep to about 380 degrees F and fry the cheese quickly until golden on both sides. Or, better use a deep-fryer. Drain. Sprinkle the dressing over the cheese and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.