- 1 quart low-fat buttermilk
- 6 cloves garlic, bruised
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons salt ( sea salt or kosher)
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 3 cups corn oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Sift together the flour, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet until the foaming of the butter begins to subside. Pull the pieces of chicken out of the buttermilk 1 at a time. Let the excess buttermilk drip off, and then coat the chicken in the seasoned flour. Coat well and shake off any excess flour. Place the chicken skin side down into the hot oil. Cook until nicely browned, 10 to 12 minutes per side.
Place the chicken on a sheet tray and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. You should see the juices of a thigh or leg run clear when you pierce the chicken with a fork.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fried Chicken Wings with a Thai-Inspired Chili Dipping Sauce, Fried Chicken Salad with Buttermilk-Chive Dressing, Chili-Lime Fried Chicken Wings, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes, Chicken, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes