- 3 quarts water
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 2 bags frozen corn kernels
- 1 head celery, 1-inch dice
- 1 large onion, 1-inch dice
- 7 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined
Bring water and beer to a boil in a stockpot. Add peppercorns and crab boil seasoning. Add corn, celery, onion and potato and cook 12 to 15 minutes. Add sausage and shrimp and cook 15 minutes more. Serve in bowls with cooking broth.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Joanna Minneci