Frozen Orange Mousse
- 1 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 9 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Orange segments, for garnish
- 12 ramekins
- Strips of parchment or waxed paper
In a bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla bean, sugar and yolks. Cook over a simmering water bath, whisking often, to 183 degrees. Strain and whip until cool. Add the orange juice concentrate, orange extract, and corn syrup to the egg mixture. Fold in the whipped cream.
Pipe the mousse into 4-ounce ramekins with paper collars taped on the outside that extend 1/2-inch above the rim. Freeze. To serve, remove the paper collars. Puree the raspberries and sugar in a blender and pass through a sieve. Garnish with raspberry puree and orange segments.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.