Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Croquettes
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 12 strawberries, green tops removed
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers or graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 2 empty ice-cube trays
- 24 miniature paper cupcake liners for serving, or toothpicks
Beat the cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, and sugar together until very smooth. Mix in the sour cream. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds (or in a saucepan over medium heat) and stir to dissolve. Quickly mix into the cream cheese mixture. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Pour 1/2-inch of this filling into each of 24 ice-cube compartments. Freeze 15 minutes to firm up. Meanwhile, cut the strawberries in half. Place a strawberry half in each compartment. Pour the filling over the berries to cover and fill each compartment to the top. Freeze at least 3 to 4 hours. (The recipe can be made up to this point, wrapped, and kept frozen up to 3 days in advance.)
Stir together the crushed wafers and walnuts on a plate. When ready to serve, pop out the croquettes and roll in the crumb coating. Place in frilled paper cups or stick each one with a toothpick, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.