Frozen Watermelon-Cilantro Slushy
- 1 small watermelon, approximately 2 pounds, cleaned and cut into 2-inch chunks and frozen
- 2 1/2 jiggers white tequila
- 1/2 jigger grenadine
- 2 jiggers simple syrup (equal amounts of sugar and water, heated until the sugar dissolves; cool)
- 1 jigger freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 1 jigger freshly squeezed lime juice, about 2 limes
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed cilantro leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced thinly into wheels, for garnish
Put cut watermelon into freezer bags and store in freezer for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight. This can be done weeks in advance.
Put the frozen watermelon into a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture is thoroughly blended and creamy, with flecks of cilantro throughout. Pour into 4 ice cold pilsner glasses or other tall glasses. Garnish each glass with a cilantro sprig and a lime wheel. Serve.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay