Fun-Due (Lower Fat Fondue)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, steamed and drained
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine, optional
- 1/2 cup cubed whole-wheat bread
- Vegetable crudites for dipping
Place the cauliflower into a food processor with 1 cup vegetable stock and puree until very smooth. Add white beans to the cauliflower mix and run processor until fully blended. Mix should be thick and creamy.
Transfer to a fondue pot or saucepan and heat on medium heat. If mixture is too thick, add more vegetable stock - up to 1/2 cup. Shred 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and slowly add to pot. Add caraway, nutmeg, white pepper and salt. Add white wine, optional, and serve with cubed bread and crudites.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.