Fun-Due (Lower Fat Fondue)
- 6 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, steamed and drained
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine, optional
- 1/2 cup cubed whole-wheat bread
- Vegetable crudites for dipping
Place the cauliflower into a food processor with 1 cup vegetable stock and puree until very smooth. Add white beans to the cauliflower mix and run processor until fully blended. Mix should be thick and creamy.
Transfer to a fondue pot or saucepan and heat on medium heat. If mixture is too thick, add more vegetable stock - up to 1/2 cup. Shred 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and slowly add to pot. Add caraway, nutmeg, white pepper and salt. Add white wine, optional, and serve with cubed bread and crudites.