Fusilli with Walnut Sauce and Radicchio
- 12 ounces dry fusilli
- 8 ounces walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces radicchio, cut into chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook until tender but still firm to the bite. In a food processor combine walnuts with bread crumbs, garlic, oil and puree until smooth. Add ricotta cheese and broth and puree again to create a fairly smooth sauce. If sauce seems thick, add some water. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. In a skillet saute radicchio in olive oil until just wilted. Drain the pasta and toss with walnut sauce and radicchio with oil from skillet. Toss to combine and garnish with grated Parmesan.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.