Gado Gado (Blanched Vegetables with Peanut Sauce)
- 1/4 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 pound green beans, tipped and tailed
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 head cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1/4 head of broccoli, divided into florets
- Peanut sauce (recipe above)
- 1 bunch arugula washed, stems removed
- 2 hard boiled eggs quartered
- 1 yukon gold potato, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 kirby cucumbers, washed, sliced thin
- 1/4 pound radish sprouts
- Crispy shallots, recipe above
- Rice crackers as an accompaniment
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch, separately, cabbage, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Drain separately as well. Heat peanut sauce in a small saucepan, adding water if it is too thick, adjust seasoning. Arrange arugula leaves, potato, cucumbers evenly on a platter. Arrange blanched vegetables on top. Top with hard boiled eggs and radish sprouts. Pour hot peanut sauce over top. Garnish with crispy shallots. Serve with rice crackers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.